Friday, December 5, 2008

...{speechless}...

I must've been, to have waited so long to post.

But passing experiences with existence always lead me back to some journal/blog/diary. Countless volumes of unfinished diaries line my shelves -- they begin in a pivotal moment, and I suppose as I work my way through whatever it is, the need to write it down ceases.

So that must mean this present compulsion to write is on the dawn of a pivotal moment. And it is. And I am.

But alas, enough torment as to why --> moving forward.

"The Perfect Job" turned into a nightmare.
But as always, a diamond of a lesson formed of that pressure.

My resolve has proven to be steadfast countless times: a measure of spontaneity, a dash of passion, hope and Belief, mixed with a heap of wit. The Universe as always has a plan, and after my cataclysm* in New Orleans, a new path has unfolded and I must live and commit to this journey.

Quite possibly the hardest hill I have yet to climb, I will confront the law of the land -- by way of the LSATs first, then Law School itself, and finally passing the notorious bar exam. More importantly, I will amass this knowledge to be totally used for the benefit of descendants of the African Diaspora in the United States. Even moreso, my first ripple will effect those descendants who remained in the Southern US postbellum.

To put it simply: I'm going to pull up the people, pull up the poor. I'm sure as my path develops, there will be more to post on the subject, and to put my money where my mouth is, I will remain mum on that...until further notice.

"pull up the people, pull up the poor

i'm a fighter, fighter god
i'm a soldier on that road
i'm a fighter, a nice nice fighter
i'm a soldier on that road

bring me the reaper
bring me a lawyer
i'll fight i'll take em on
you treat me like a killer
i ain't never hate ya
i'm a soldier on that road " -- M.I.A. "Pull Up the People"





*definition: "an event that brings great changes", merriamwebster.com



1 comment:

E said...

First of all, love her :-)

Second of all, love you! You have such commendable aspirations and I can't wait to devote large amounts of procrastination time to reading your blog!