Monday, December 8, 2008

Frrrrozen Hibrrrrrnation

While winter has yet to officially arrive, some cold menace has descended upon the Nation's Capital. This morning, shortly after opening my eyes, I turned on the Fox Morning News. To my dismay, Tony Perkins announced that it was 24 degrees outside.

24 degrees.
24.

This is of particular concern as I have prohibited myself from wearing my warmest winter coat because it reeks of cigarettes. Knowing I would have to wear my winter jacket, I knew this morning would be tough. My only redemption on the walk to the subway was my thigh high leg warmers -- thank god for them, but one can only be kept but so warm by these knit confections.

And so, the question becomes, "should I hibernate"? As in, cease all unnecessary trips outside? Including those excursions were alcohol is inextricably linked? Garsh -- given my new freedom from professional servitude, I would hate to cut it short already. Perhaps I should've quit in May, giving myself 3 more months of jubilation.....







Nonetheless, you will catch me out this weekend at private and public fetes de Noel. The founders of Dissident Display (my FAVORITE gallery/studio/business in DC) will be feteing this Friday, and I am enchanted! I promise this time to bring a camera....






Forever Always,
SydVicious

P.S. Don't be mad that this post is so short. I am training myself to blog religiously, and if this is my start at it -- pat me on the back! My life brims with experience, and I am sure that I will be trained to report in due time.


UPDATE: Just confirmed, I will be imbibing at JR's this Thursday -- $10 all you can drink rail. It's to see my husband whom I haven't seen in a while. Please note, my marital vows are bringing me out of the house -- I am still afraid of the cold.

No comments: