Wednesday, January 24, 2007

To Begin Again

In a rage, I deleted my blog. I was embarrassed. My feelings for him, The One, had been blown back in my face, and in a rage I attempted to eliminate all traces and records of how I had felt.

But I rather enjoyed my blog, although in all honesty, I am not sure anyone read it. Nevertheless, here I am, beginning again.

I start The Job next Monday. I cannot wait to be working 50-60 hours/week...honestly. I need to be as busy as I possibly can, and what better way than to throw myself into work. Especially at a job that I am definite will be a necessary career step. I get an office (!) and a cell phone. There was once a time when I was frightened about the career path that lay before me. I thought I was destined for administrative hell. With a resume so clerical-heavy, I was not so sure that anyone would believe in me for much more than answering the phones and organizing their files.

But this job saw through that, and believed in me. Thank God, literally. There is something to be said for timing, and I am prone to believe that circumstances occur as a mix of destiny and chance (like Forrest Gump, more to come about that later). So it was a matter of destiny mixing with chance that allowed me to return from China, muster up the courage to quit my job with The Bitch, see the posting for this position, walk into the interview and shiiine. They did tell me that ordinarily they would be looking for someone with more experience, but at this time they wanted new talent, fresh faces and ideas. This mix was perrrfect.

Being out of work was actually a blessing. I was able to tie up some legal ends, community service, classes, etc. and would definitely not have been able to do so working with The Bitch. Although I took a financial hit, the personal time was worth it. Plus I couldn't imagine sitting at that receptionist desk anymore, with Them bringing thing after thing, issue after issue, file after file to me despite what I appeared to be in the middle of. Here's to not answering the phone anymore and transferring the call. Here's to not maintaining any one's schedule but my own and organizing no one but myself. And as horrible as this sounds, I feel sorry for them in that little office on Pennsylvania Avenue. It really is a sick vortex, albeit the perfect introduction to office politics. Abre Los Ojos.

Because I deleted my original posts, I will now repost my little treasures, my secret desire, my Christian Louboutin's. They will be mine....



The Beauties in Purple Patent Leather

For every occasion: Classic Black









Make it happen,
Vicious

P.S. As promised, more on Forrest Gump. I saw this movie recently, and although it has always been a heart tug for me, something about it really touched me this time. Forrest is the ultimate person to me; maybe because he was 'stupid' and did not have the forethought nor wherewithal to reason through his actions, he truly lived. He experienced anything that landed on his heart to completion and and utter totality. He's my hero and I can only hope to live like that.

"Jenny, I don't know if Momma was right or if, if it's Lieutenant Dan. I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time. I miss you, Jenny. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away." (For my Jenny aka The One)

1 comment:

TheDaintyDish.tumblr.com said...

i just read your entire blog... start to finish and it made me miss you. your so intelligent and when you write i can literally hear you in my head saying each word forming smart sentences that have meaning.

l.love.you.

-lss
http://ontheroadlesstraveled.wordpress.com/